Our homelessness crisis has reached unprecedented levels with even more residents sleeping on our streets than ever before. The status quo has failed to address this issue and ask for the resources necessary to solve it. If elected, Joshua will work to combat homelessness by:
- Increasing the number of Navigation Centers throughout the city and expanding the Navigation Center model to other shelters
- Creating 311 dashboard that unifies data from all city departments to track reoccurring issues
- Ensuring that data on homelessness be available on the City’s open data portal
- Replacing the temporary Navigation Center at 16th & Mission with a new facility that can serve homeless residents in the neighborhood. There must be a Navigation Center that serves the Mission given that the centers serve their immediate area.
- Dedicating more funding to go towards ridding our streets of needles and feces
- Demanding that the next “Fix It” team be located in the District 9
- Expanding pit stop areas in District 9 to allow homeless residents the ability to use a restroom and keep out streets clean